Small Group Ministry at UUCSC is an umbrella term for small groups of members and friends who meet regularly to share, reflect, and contemplate with the overarching goal of deepening and broadening personal spiritual growth. We aspire to this goal through five components:
- Listen and be listened to in a safe place.
- Learn about the mysteries of our world and our spiritual paths.
- Build new and deeper personal connections.
- Serve our community and the needs of one another, including committee work.
- Maintain personal connections and a caring community.
Many of the groups are lay-led, such as our Covenant Groups. Members of these groups decide together how they will operate, what they will focus on personally and spiritually, and how group members will conduct themselves. This agreement becomes their covenant.
Groups are led by the Minister and are offered intermittently.
Consult the weekly newsletter or calendar for current group meetings.
Groups are offered by the Director of Religious Education.
Groups are regularly scheduled informal gatherings, organized by volunteer congregants for varied purposes, sharing, and bonding in faith.